INDIAN PORT RAIL & ROPEWAY CORPORATION LIMITED (IPRCL) a first of its kind Joint Venture Company (JVC) between 11 Major Ports under the Ministry of Shipping holding 90% of equity capital and Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) under Ministry of Railways holding 10% of equity capital, incorporated with the objective to provide efficient rail evacuation systems to Major Ports and for enhancing their capacity and throughput. The company was registered on 10th July,2015 as a Public Limited Company under the Companies Act, 2013.The Company is under administrative control of Ministry of Shipping, Government of India.
- IPRCL will play a strategic role and position itself to act as mentor & coordinator for major ports railway systems.
- Interface with Government departments/ agencies and autonomous bodies on strategic issues and also work with consultants for removing bottlenecks.
- Act as consultant for bringing in best practices in areas of IT, processes, systems and other areas related to evacuation of Cargo.
- Develop technical and financial competence for undertaking DPR/PMC work.
- IPRCL can leverage the experience, expertise and linkages to various organizations (Ministry of Shipping, Major Ports, RVNL) to ...