- To provide, develop, design, construct, operate and maintain effective, efficient and competitive rail evacuation systems to Ports in India and in particular the Major ports by way of creating last mile connectivity of the ports;
- Modernization of the rail infrastructure at ports (Major); creating and managing the internal port railway system;
- Creation of new and enhancement of capacity in embedded hinterland connectivity.
- To create, develop, construct, procure railway infrastructure at Major Ports and other designated areas including land, building, locomotives and maintenance facilities for achieving the main objects mentioned above.
- To acquire, own, hold, possess, finance, manage, supervise, organize, develop, and construct areas and sites whether for construction or development of rail or any other purpose for attainment of the objectives of the company.
- IPRCL may also take up critical road connectivity projects.